Wanstead Hospital

Zone d'identification

Type d'entité

Collectivité

Forme autorisée du nom

Wanstead Hospital

forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom

    Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions

      Autre(s) forme(s) du nom

        Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités

        Zone de description

        Dates d’existence

        1938-1986

        Historique

        From Lost Hospitals of London https://ezitis.myzen.co.uk/wanstead.html The Essex County Hospital opened in 1938 in a building originally erected in 1861 as the Merchant Seamen's Orphan Asylum. (Prince Albert, the husband of Queen Victoria, had laid the foundation stone.) In 1921 the orphans moved to Bearwood House in Wokingham and the Asylum building was bought by the Convent of the Good Shepherd as a refuge for women and girls. In 1937 Essex County Council bought the building and converted it into a hospital. The Hospital joined the NHS in 1948 as a general hospital with 202 beds. It had suffered considerable damage during the war and a proposal was made to develop a larger hospital on the 7 acre site. However, these plans came to naught. The war damage was repaired and by 1961 the Hospital had 195 beds. The maternity service was withdrawn in 1975 and the Hospital finally closed in 1986 with 188 beds. Services were transferred to Whipps Cross Hospital.

        The hospital was part of the Forest Group School of Nursing, centred on Whipps Cross Hospital, training nurses for both the Register and the Roll.

        Lieux

        Victory Road, Hermon Hill, Wanstead, E11 1PA

        Statut légal

        Fonctions et activités

        Nursing Training 1946-1953

        Textes de référence

        Organisation interne/Généalogie

        Contexte général

        Zone des relations

        Zone des points d'accès

        Mots-clés - Sujets

        Mots-clés - Lieux

        Occupations

        Zone du contrôle

        Identifiant de notice d'autorité

        AR/14

        Identifiant du service d'archives

        Règles et/ou conventions utilisées

        International Standard Archival Authority Record for Corporate Bodies, Persons and Families - ISAAR(CPF) 2nd edition - ICA 2004 ISBN 2-9521932-2-3 National Council on Archives, Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997

        Statut

        Niveau de détail

        Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

        Langue(s)

          Écriture(s)

            Sources

            Notes de maintenance