Passmore Centre

Zone d'identification

Type d'entité

Building

Forme autorisée du nom

Passmore Centre

forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom

  • Nursery Building

Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions

    Autre(s) forme(s) du nom

      Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités

      Zone de description

      Dates d’existence

      1899-

      Historique

      The University's Passmore Centre building was designed by CJ Phipps and Arthur Blomfield Jackson and opened as a public library in 1899. It was original called the Passmore Edwards Library, having been paid for by John Passmore Edwards, a Victorian philanthropist. It was later known as the St. George the Martyr Library and after it became part of Southwark Council's network of libraries it was called the Borough Road Library. It was purchased by South Bank University and converted to a nursery in September 1993. The nursery closed in 2011. The Passmore Centre opened as a business skills and training hub designed to provide access for local people and businesses to high quality apprenticeships and other forms of employer-supported study on 28 November 2018.

      The building is Grade II listed (building No. 470670, listed 17 September 1998 - Listing NGR: TQ3173879494) and constructed of red brick and terracotta with a pitched, tiled roof in the Art Nouveau style.

      Lieux

      Statut légal

      Fonctions et activités

      Textes de référence

      Organisation interne/Généalogie

      Contexte général

      Zone des relations

      Zone des points d'accès

      Mots-clés - Sujets

      Mots-clés - Lieux

      Occupations

      Zone du contrôle

      Identifiant de notice d'autorité

      Identifiant du service d'archives

      Règles et/ou conventions utilisées

      Statut

      Niveau de détail

      Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

      Langue(s)

        Écriture(s)

          Sources

          Notes de maintenance