Item LSBU/7/4/1/2/3 - Opening of the newly restored Edric Hall

Original Digital object not accessible

Identity area

Reference code



Opening of the newly restored Edric Hall


  • 1 December 1951 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

1 photograph

Context area

Name of creator


Administrative history

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

A photograph of Mr D. Clifford Highton, Chairman of the Governing Body, unveiling a plaque commemorating the opening. The plaque is inscribed: 'This Hall was severely damaged by enemy action on the night of 29th September 1940. It was restored and [unknown word] during 1951 and formally opened on 1st December 1951 by D Clifford Highton MA Chairman of the Governing Body.'

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

LSBU Copyright

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion




Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places