Tower and Extension Blocks

Identity area

Type of entity

Building

Authorized form of name

Tower and Extension Blocks

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1969-

History

The Tower Block, Metal Block, Extension Block and Joseph Lancaster Block at 103 Borough Road, Southwark were officially opened on 9 July 1969 by the Duke of Edinburgh. The buildings were designed by Norman & Dawbarn Architects who also designed the Polytechnic's Turney Road sports pavilion and the BBC Television Centre at Shepherds Bush.

The Tower Restaurant opened in 1990 and was situated on the third floor of Tower Block. The Students Refectory was located on the second floor of Tower Block.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

London South Bank University (1892-present)

Identifier of related entity

AR/1

Category of relationship

hierarchical

Type of relationship

London South Bank University

is the owner of

Tower and Extension Blocks

Dates of relationship

Description of relationship

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places